- STEP-BY-STEP SUBMISSION GUIDELINE AVAILABLE HERE
- DOWNLOAD THE ABSTRACT TEMPLATE HERE
- ABSTRACT SUBMISSION CONDITIONS AVAILABLE HERE
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION CONDITIONS
A. General conditions
- Abstracts are required for all oral presentations and posters.
- Abstracts must be submitted by 20 April 2018 (23:59 GMT)
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the conference abstract book and on the conference website. Abstracts accepted as oral abstract will be published online in the Orthopaedic Proceedings of the Bone & Joint Journal. By submitting an abstract you consent to giving EBJIS 2018 permission to publish your abstract.
- Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing and subsequently confirmed by the EBJIS Conference Secretariat.
B. Presenting author and registration
- The presenting author must register as an active participant at the conference at the latest 14 days after acceptance of an abstract.
- EBJIS reserves the right to exclude any abstract from the scientific programme that is not followed by a participant registration at the latest 14 days after notification on acceptance.
C. Contents of your abstract
- The abstract word limit is max. 400 words per abstract. If an illustration (one allowed) is uploaded for inclusion in the abstract, the word count should be diminished by 100 words. If the word count is not reduced adequately, the EBJIS 2018 organisers reserve the right to omit the illustration from the published abstract.
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study.
- No identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or abstract text, as a “blind” review process will be used. You will be asked to enter the name(s) of author(s) and their institution(s), when you submit your abstract online.
- The abstract must include the following:
Aim: Clearly state the purpose of the abstract.
Methods: Describe your selection of observations or experimental subjects clearly.
Results: Present your results in a logical sequence in text, table and illustrations.
Conclusions: Emphasize new and important aspects of the study (perhaps as a discussion section) and the conclusions that are drawn from them.
- All abbreviations must be defined in first use.
- Statements such as “results will be discussed” or “data will be presented” cannot be accepted.
- Illustration: One figure/table/photograph may be added to an abstract. Submit your graphical illustration in jpg format and make reference to the illustration in the abstract text. Provide a brief caption for your illustration. In case an illustration is uploaded, reduce the abstract word count by 100 words.
Please note that in the online Orthopaedic Proceedings of the Bone & Joint Journal, illustrations are not allowed, and will be removed before publication.
- References: A maximum of five literature references may be added at the end of the abstract text. For each reference you can only state the first author’s name and bibliography (not the title of the paper).
- Acknowledgements: Mention all sources of funding of the work described and other acknowledgements briefly at the end of the abstract text. References and acknowledgements are included in the 400 word count for the abstract text.
- Use of brand names: Generic names must be used for all references to products or companies. The brand name can be inserted as a reference at the bottom of the abstract page. Papers containing brand names/company names in the abstract text (i.e. not in a reference at the bottom of the page) may be rejected for this reason only. EBJIS reserves the right to replace any brand name with a generic name without further notice.
- The scientific committee will review the abstract.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent directly to all presenting authors (and submitters) by email.
- It is the responsibility of all investigators that all studies are performed with respect to national legislation, international legislation and ethical guidelines for medical research involving humans and/or animals. The EBJIS 2018 Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject any submitted abstract that is believed to violate these principles.
- Please verify that your email address (submitter and presenting author) is correct as it will be used for contacting you after the review process.
For all enquiries regarding the abstract submission, please contact the Conference Secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.org